The Importance of Biblical Literacy Pt. 2
Most surveys in the last 10 years about Biblical Literacy in the US have been trending downward. You may have seen some of the stats:
- Fewer than half of adults can name all 4 Gospels.
- 60% of Americans can’t name 5 of the 10 Commandments.
- 12% of adults believe that Joan of Arc was Noah’s wife.
- Pick a regular time and place for Bible reading.
- Read short chunks.
- Stop to explain and gauge comprehension.
- Think of age-appropriate questions for discussion.
- Connect each passage to Jesus.
- Let Bible reading lead to prayer.