Summertime = Bibletime
Summertime = BibletimeThe rhythm of life changes during the summer. Vacations. Weekend excursions. Kids around the house more. Summer nights outdoors. The change in pace is a welcome one. For many of us, Summertime provides extra opportunities to spend time with family and friends. What if you make it a goal this season of life to spend that time spent together in the Bible? Some suggestions for the Summer season:
- Start each day of your vacation reading the Bible together around the breakfast table.
- On your road trip, listen to an audio Bible (try the book of Acts).
- Before starting a hike, or around the campfire read a portion of scripture about God’s creation (Psalm 8, 19, Genesis 1).
- Pack a Bible in your beach bag or backpack and enjoy reading outdoors in a new setting. Take turns reading a chapter out loud.
- Get a Bible trivia game, form teams and play once a week to encourage one another.
- Have each family or group member on the same Bible reading plan and make it the topic of conversation over a shared meal.