An LSB Project Update - August 2021
The shipping information in this post has changed. For updates, please click here.
With it being the first week in August we thought we would provide an update on the LSB project, via bullet points.
- The LSB New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs second printing has begun this week and preorders for the next wave of inventory will start tomorrow, 8/6. In addition to the most popular styles from the first print run, we’ve added 4 new styles across the Faux Leather and Italian Cowhide editions. Inventory is tentatively expected to arrive in October.
- The LSB Handy Size typeset was completed on July 31st. Printing will begin later this month. Hardcovers, paste-down Italian cowhide, and edge-lined editions in both goatskin and Italian cowhide are part of this special first edition run. Preorders will start in September and inventory is tentatively expected to arrive in two waves. The first wave has an ETA of December 10th (we hope earlier) and the next wave within 60 days later.
- An LSB Large Print Wide Margin is being developed and expected to be released in the first quarter of 2022. This will be the first edition available for the broad retail market. It features a 10.5 font size, words of Christ in red, same pagination as the Handy Size, 1.33 inch margins, and 40 GSM paper.
- Footnote work and Strong’s numbers for the LSB continues and will likely need 8-16 more weeks before it is completed. Additional work on the Master LSB File will be undertaken before a typeset or software can include them. Once this is completed, the files will be available for Accordance, Logos, Literal Word, e-Sword, and other software developers to do their work.
- LSB Psalms Scripture Study Notebooks are typeset and will go to press soon. This two volume edition features over 500 pages of room to write and will be released in October or November to the broad retail market.
- Typesetting will start next month on the two-column layout that will be a format used in text editions, pew, and children’s Bibles. Bible’s using this format are expected to be released to the broad retail market in Spring of 2022.
- As more requests regarding the licensing policies for the LSB come in, we want to direct attention to the website where this information can be found.
- Lastly, we are growing and have a few key positions available in our Irvine, California headquarters. These positions are needing to be filled very soon. Job descriptions for a Graphic Designer and Operations Manager can be found here. Please send your resume and a brief paragraph about why you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.