New Product Announcements – 316 Day 2021
Greetings and Happy March 16th — a day we fondly refer to as 316 Day!
As part of our celebration, I wanted to briefly look back on 2020, announce the arrival of some new products, and share info about upcoming releases in our publishing pipeline for the rest of 2021 and beyond!
After the first Bible translation meeting in Feb of 2020 we knew the Lord was opening the door for Three Sixteen Publishing to be a part of something special. When the name Legacy Standard Bible was chosen for the project, it gave us a sense that the work would outlast our careers and our lives, because the Word of God is eternal.
Throughout the past 13 months, God has answered countless prayers and brought along like-minded and skilled people to help support the project. Today I wanted to share a list of partners that have blessed the Church through their participation in the LSB project. Three Sixteen Publishing could not have released the LSB without them:
- The Lockman Foundation
- The John MacArthur Charitable Trust
- Grace to You
- Grace Community Church video department
- Students and Alumni from Master’s Seminary and University
- Reviewers and readers who volunteered countless hours
- Peter Voth for logo development
- Interactive Supply Co. for the LSBible.org website development
- Literal Word who designed the online web app
- Accordance Bible Software who designed the LSB mobile app
- Scribe for their data management to create the master file and typesetting
- Royal Jongbloed who printed and bound the first edition NT w Ps/Pr
- ChangeGoat for transitioning the 316 website to Shopify (coming by the end of March)
The enthusiasm for the LSB is growing rapidly. We are grateful that many people are enjoying the available portions and are also praying for the project and encouraging us. With your support and prayers, we’re working hard to release the first complete LSB editions by the end of 2021.
So, the big question you all are waiting for answers on is: WHAT PUBLISHING PLANS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE LSB? Here are a few details we are releasing at this time:
3rd Quarter 2021
- We are planning a small reprint for the New Testament Psalms and Proverbs that includes more goatskin that we are currently sold out of. We are also working on plans to make it more accessible in Canada, Europe, and Australia. We expect our current inventory to be exhausted before the next batch’s estimated arrival time of late September. Keep a lookout for future emails regarding updates on the timing of the shipment, as well as the ability to pre-pay and reserve your copy.
- LSB Scripture Study Notebooks – Psalms. This will be a single-column format, like our NASB Scripture Study Notebooks.
4th Quarter 2021
- LSB Preacher’s Bible Handy Size (LSB-PBHS)
- Single column, no references or footnotes. Same 9.5 font layout style as the NASB edition of the PBHS.
2022 and Beyond
- Text Edition, no references or footnotes. Single column. 10.5 point font.
- Same pagination as the LSB-PBHS.
- A variety of binding styles and price points.
- 2 Column Verse by Verse Formats
- Details have not been finalized yet, but this typeset can be used in several editions.
- People requesting large/giant print, cross-references, footnotes, paragraph formats, Scripture Study Notebooks, etc. please know that these are in the planning stages and more information about them will become available after specs, features, and layouts are determined.
- We’ve been in contact with Literal Word, Accordance, Logos, Olive Tree, E-Sword, and Blue Letter Bible. Stay tuned for more info later this year when the whole Bible is completed.
The LSB project work continues. The remaining parts of the OT subheadings, footnotes, cross-references, and other features are nearing completion. From there, the master file coding gets thoroughly reviewed and any questions are addressed before it gets exported into a file from which typesetting can begin. Please consider praying for us as we enter this phase and work toward getting print editions released by the end of 2021.
Other 316 Projects and Sales:
While the LSB has generated the most excitement, we’re also excited to share that our NASB Children’s Edition is releasing in three Faux Leather colors and includes an indexed option as well.
It has always been a desire of ours to begin publishing solidly Biblical books. We were thrilled to begin that with the release of L.A. Cop by Bob Vernon earlier this month. It’s not only an encouragement to the law enforcement community, but an uplifting example of how to faithfully live for Christ in your work context.
If you are a pastor or chaplain and want to distribute some to your local police department we are offering 40% off for quantities of 10 or more with code PEACEMAKER through the end of the month. Case quantities of 44 receive a 50% discount!
We have other books in the works, but we’ll save that exciting announcement for another time.
The rest of the NASB NT Scripture Study Notebooks are finally here and in stock, including the set. Don’t forget to check out great deals today on the Preacher’s Bibles, LSBs, NASB Limiteds, Children’s books, notebooks, journals, and more! Our site-wide sale expires at midnight tonight, 3-16-2021. You can find all our sale products through this link.
Thank you for your continued encouragement and support for the LSB and 316 Publishing. If you have not done so already, please sign up for our email newsletter to stay up to date on announcements regarding the aforementioned editions of the LSB, as well as additional features that will become available on the LSB mobile app.
Praise Yahweh! Great things He has done!
VP and Publisher
Three Sixteen Publishing Inc.
P.S. If you are a pastor who would like to make your congregation aware of the free LSB app, we have created slides and images for bulletin inserts. You can access those media helps here.
We are growing and have some paid internship positions available for this summer. If you have an interest in Christian publishing and are able to work out of our Irvine, CA office, then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.